The Single Woman’s 30-Day Blogging Challenge
1) Your response to everyone’s favorite question: “And why are YOU still single?”
@vanny_chan: Cliché as it may seem, but the reason I am still single is because God is still molding me to become the best version of myself to the person whom He has in store for me. It is not actually my choice but it is God’s choice for now and hopefully not forever. I believe there is someone out there for me… Its just the timing is not right for us to meet and to be together… For now.
2) Describe a moment or a day when being single really sucked.
@vanny _chan: when all of your girl friends are having dates and you are alone at home or somewhere else; when on a party or any gathering that all or most of your friends having plus one while you are just all by yourself; when you get to meet and catch up with loved ones and friends then suddenly the dreaded questions come like a bullet to my heart such as “where is your boyfriend?”, “are you getting married soon?”, “why are you still single?”, “are you dating someone?”, and frantically self pity comes in the next 2 minutes.
3) Describe a moment or a day when being single was really awesome.
@vanny_chan: When no one reprimands you to do what you want… I mean you can travel with no hesitation, meet new people and be spontaneous. You can be a brat and no one cares! LOL.
4) Your biggest fear as a single person.
@vanny_chan: To not have the luxury of sharing your everyday musings to a person until you get old. Well the fact that on every waking and sleeping touches of your life, you blankly stare at the ceiling or just wander in thoughts how the universe can be so damn not in your favor.
5) The biggest misconception you think people have about single life.
@vanny_chan: That it is not BORING and LONELY! We get to choose the emotions we have for each milestone… so keeping the hopes up and just be happy of what the universe has conspired for you.. yowwzaah!😉
6) Sound off on the quote “Every woman has the exact love life she wants”.
@vanny_chan: It could not be a “romantic” sort of love life… It could be love for your family, friends and just about life.
7) Where you are in your life vs. where you thought you would be at this point.
@vanny_chan: I am now going through a new phase of my life where I am paving way out of my comfort zone which is scary but exciting VS. a happily married woman with kids and a promising career in which I am passionate about with the perks of traveling on the side and living the life with no dull.
8)Five things that are most important to you in a future mate.
a. Someone who RESPECTS me, my principles and beliefs and at the same time my family.
b. someone who actually knows when to listen and when to speak, who has an admiration of the beauty and fondness of life. A man who has a zeal to take me beyond measures to be excited about the present and the future.
c. a man who is ambitious but humble, grounded, and values every lesson/person who he come across with.
d. a man who is faithful, God fearing and and a great provider.
e. a man who will always make me believe why it didn’t work out with anyone else but HIM.
9) Your favorite “weird/funny single behavior” – Anything you do that is uniquely YOU and that living alone allows you to do (For example, I sometimes dance around the house with my cat to Frank Sinatra)
@vanny_chan: I can walk around the condo half naked! LOL.
10) Google the meaning of your name and talk about how it fits or doesn’t fit you
@vanny_chan: VANESSA means BUTTERFLY. So isa akong dyosang palipad lipad sa mga hacienda! charot! haha! para talagang butterfly ang life ko.. matagal ang process ng pagbabago sa buhay. dating chararat na “cocoon” tapos nag evolve ng bongga na may sabay na kulay!
11) Your worst/funniest/most embarrassing date
@vanny_chan: hhhhmmm.. shet ang tagal ko lang di nakapag date ano!! so far yata ang maalala ko pagoda ako talaga.. natulugan ko sya sa kotse habang hatid ako sa balur! haha! yun lang yata! buti naman sa balur ako hinatid. haha!
12) Your proudest accomplishment
@vanny_chan: nakaya ng beauty ko ang middle east ng 2 years!! at take note 25 na ako nun kaya best in adjustment ang peg! waley may mudak/pudang/yaya na kahit kelan ko lang hatakin. kain at laba levels mag isa… walang party/gimik, puro work at ipon lang! pero super proud ako sa self ko kasi na keribells ko sya ng bongga! kaya kung san man ako ilagay ngayon.. kahit sa isla pa.. push lang yan!
13) describe how you met the last person you texted and talk about your friendship/relationship.
@vanny_chan: waaah! work related yun eh and di ko kilala ever! di ko na meet! makikipagmeet pa lang!
14) Describe the last moment you felt really, truly blissful
@vanny_chan: yung umuwi ako galing middle east for good! ang saya ko lang! para akong nakawala sa hawla mga teh! tapos laging may hashtag #2014ismyyear ang peg at totoo talaga words are powerful.. kasi eto na talaga yung taon ko! traveled and was able to have what I want at those times na wit ko expect! masyado naman makafal ang fez ko para mag complain. #soblessed
15) Narrate a conversation between you and someone in your life who you never had closure with (a friend, an ex, a family member, etc.) What would you say? What would they say? What outcome would you hope for?
@vanny_chan: wala na akong masasabi sa kanya kasi no need nang mag closure! masaya na sya.. masaya na ako! end.😉
16) If you planted a time capsule right now of your life to be opened in 20 years, what would be in it?
@vanny_chan: isang selfie picture sabay nang katawan kong medyo may korte! haha! pics ng family, barkada, at mga ganapchina ko for the past years! bible at mga libro ko kasi babasahin ko sila ulit 20 years from now. at sympre konteng pera baka pulubi na ako 20 yrs from now.. at least may pangkain habang nagbabasa ng libro! haha! choz!
17) What are your spiritual beliefs and how do they impact your relationships/relationship status?
@vanny_chan: naku mantra ko.. “pray and you shall be found”🙂 life is full of heartaches, trials, failures, disappointments pero push lang yan mga ateng! wag mag give up kasi part of life yan! lahat ng sadness sa mundo di naman forever.. may expiry date kaya yun kaya wag masyadong dibdibin ang mga negatron sa buhay! it makes us strong and more appreciative of life! eh kung pero happiness lang eh di msyado naman boring ang life… nakakamatay rin yun! basta wag makalimot mag thank you kay God sa lahat ng blessings sa life no matter how big or small yan! ako paggising ko, the thought pa lang na nagigising ako happy ako kasi another day naman ang giniveway para gumawa ng good deeds! push yan mga ate! God is good.. ALL THE TIME!
18) If you could have a conversation with yourself in high school, what would you say?
@vanny_chan: naku! ang masasabi ko lang! “ANG CHARARAT MO VAN” choz! haha!
19) What is something about you that people would be surprised to learn?
@vanny_chan: na grabe ako ka sentimental, ma drama at iyakin!
20) Describe your most difficult breakup and what you learned from it
@vanny_chan: huwag ibigay ang lahat ng love sa jowa! magtira sa self, kay God, sa friends at sa family! and don’t do something na mawala ang respect kasi all of it follows na! ganun ka simple!
21) How would you pitch a reality show about yourself? To what network?
@vanny_chan: gusto ko pang HOLLYWOOD levels! haha! mga CBS, CNN, Lifestyle network, mga ganun na peg! haha! well reality show ko? Keeping up with becky V! puro kabaklaan lang!
22) What fictional character in a movie, tv show, or book do you identify with and why?
@vanny_chan: hirap naman! sa sobrang dami kong peg nakakaloka! di ako makapag isip ngayon so babalikan ko ang tanong na toh in 20 mins. haha
23) Talk about a moment when you got annoyed with a married friend, a person in a relationship, or a person with kids (Be honest! No judgment!)
@vanny_chan: so far wit naman! kasi alam ko sila yung naiirita sa akin! haha
24) If you could relive ONE day of your life, what would it be? And would you change anything?
@vanny_chan: well so far kung ano man napagdaan ko sa past, thankful na ako nun kasi i wouldn’t be to where I am today without those experiences!
25) Describe a moment when you “paid it forward.” What happened and how did it feel?
@vanny_chan: when i gave what i promised to give at the church. an amount i never thought i could have years back… it felt so great to give back to the Lord what I just prayed for before😉
26) Name a song that makes you cry every time you hear it and why
@vanny_chan: so far di naman ako naiiyak pag naririnig ko sya! yung song ni leah salonga na “two words” yun! kasi yung lyrics at yung meaning ng song naka attached sa isang tao na minahal ko! choz! haha
27) Talk about something that you really, really, really love about yourself.
@vanny_chan: ISA AKONG NAPAKAECHOSERANG BAKLA!! PERIOD!
28) Describe a moment when you made a big, bold move. In any area of life: Career, Love, etc.
@vanny_chan: sige by segment!
CAREER: buwis buhay kasi i pushed through going to abroad sa middle east for two years na nawala talaga ako sa comfort zone ko! di ako na informed na sobrang sad pala doon pero dami kong na learn sa experience na yun sobra! lumevel up ang maturity ko ng 20 times! and super happy ako kasi i gained new friends and experiences na di mababayaran ng pera teh!
LOVE: buwis buhay pag ibig rin! yung i give my all ang peg and ending i drive myself crazy sa sakit ang ending pero yung love na yun ang naghila rin sa akin para maging strong and fierce and ofcourse maging mautak noh! na learn ko na sa isang relationship di lang LOVE ang important! dapat may respect talaga sa self and sa partner kasi pag wit na itey, sorry mga bakla.. crayola ang peg nyan! kaya wag forget to love yourself first and maging wais mais sa mga desisyon sa life kasi dalawa na kayo eh,.. di rin naman to extent maging selfish! balanced love lang at all times😉
29) Who is your closest or most special friend that you’ve never met and what do they mean to you? How did you cross paths? Talk about how you “met” them: Facebook, Twitter, an online support group, etc.
@vanny_chan: naku ang dami nila teh sa haba! di ako maka specify! kasi lahat ng friends ko at mga tao na nameet ko sa life ko mga love ko yan! i place value on what we have.. walang halong ka plastikan choo choo yan!😉 lahat sila unique sa akin kaya lahat important!
30) Write a letter to your future mate saying whatever you want to say
@vanny_chan: naku! naka ilang sulat na ako sa kanya! (pls refer to my previous posts). bow😉
— Ayan!! tapos na talaga!! pagoda mag press con ha! haha! love you guys! #TSW30