PIT SENYOR.. PRRT PRRTT.. PIT SENYOR.. SHAGIT UG KUSOG..
TO TRANSLATE IN ENGLISH: PIT SENYOR.. SHOUT OUT LOUD..
Naloka ba kayo sa opening line? haha! To all of the Filipinos and Foreigners who have experienced this colorful and massive festival in the country, di ko na need i-elaborate yang opening na yan! Alam niyo na yan! You can hear everyone chant that on the streets, club, bars, hotels, cabs, PUJ’s, trikes, sidewalk, etc! haha!
Since after my 2 years OFW experience, I have said to myself I will travel this 2014. Sort of reward for my hard work and crayola events. So I booked a flight together with my barkada’s on my very first experience of Sinulog.
So to define SINULOG according to my best friend, Wikipedia:
The Sinulog is an annual cultural and religious festival held on the third Sunday of January in Cebu City, and is the center of the Santo Niño celebration in the Philippines. The Sinulog commemorates the Filipino people’s acceptance of Christianity (specifically, Roman Catholicism), and their rejection of their former animist beliefs.
Pero alam naman natin, tayo mga bagets (ehem) ang pinunta sa Sinulog aside sa colorful and festive mood with dance, flowers, beauties and hunks (choz), is yung mga PARTIES!! So para ma orient kayo, Sinulog happens on the third week of January. So dapat mag book during the 3rd friday of the month unto the next week. Bitin ang 5 days actually! Daming pwedeng gawin at mga ganap. So, start na tayo:
LIFEDANCE EDM FESTIVAL
Check the LINK para ma sight niyo ang mga ganap!
Super excited ako sa ganap na toh! tagal ko nang pinangarap to be on a live electronic dance music festival at na fulfill ko rin sya! saya! One of the music festival you have to attend is LIFEDANCE. It happens on the 3rd Friday of the month sa may center part ng Cebu. It starts early and ends the next day (Yezz 6am the next day).. kaloka teh!
So tips ko:
1. Be at the area as early as possible.. 6pm or 8pm most.. para iwas traffic and pila papasok and for parking purposes if may carru kayo.
2. Wear also unrestrictive clothing and rubber/waterproof shoes! Bawal mag heels dito nako maloloka kayo girls kasi best in tayo lang jan buong araw and wag na magexpect may mauupuan kayo kasi if meron man mas bet niyo tumayo para sumayaw and to hunt boys! choz!
3. Wear also something waterproof (inner nyo swimsuit) then wear shorts or skirts with crop tops/midriffs para di kayo mainitan! Teh alam nyo naman mga otao dito.. dikit dikit.. and baka umulan pa so less hassle if mabigat ang outfit.. I suggest not to wear jeans type shorts.. just in case magtapunan ng drinks and rain comes, di hassle!
4. Secure your belongings in a ziplock type purse na you can attach sa neck! dont bring a bag na or purse. Bring lang enough cash pambili ng drinks and pauwi ofcourse! Phones and cameras should be protected. If hindi waterproof, paki secure please! di kasalanan ng event if nasira/nawala mga pera and gadgets!
5. Don’t accept drinks or anything from strangers! mahirap na ngayon teh! magulo sa event na yan! Mga taong abusado and masama all around. Be cautious!
6. Always be with your core group! If bet lumandi, magsabi and magbilin sa friendships para in case di ka hanapin sa lost and found or suggestion box the next day.
7. It is okay to try anything insane but make sure you are ready and always refer to no. 6
8. Enjoy the music and mga boys!! hahaha!
Our first pic together! With my best friend and partner in crime, Sam! Saw our common friend, Penpen! Ang gwapo ng bagets na toh! My partner in crime that night!Ayan na kasi. Kung bakit pakipot pa! choz! With the unknown girl, Randall, V, Sam and jowa niya na si Jasper
DAY II – Lafang and Chill Night
Ayan na. Medyo complete na! (L-R) MK, Aissa (bff), Sam, Jasper, V and Groover (bedmate ko) Nagkita na naman kami ni bagets with my other bff, Aissa. Oh avail pa ako ng hug! chozWith Glenn (our party animal friend from Gensan)Jubis ng fez ko! kaloka! V with AissaEto nanaman! Davao united! Site rin namin sila Charlie and jowa niya! Had the best Mojitos ever!! At Maya restaurant, Crossroads! Avail niyo toh!Haay nako! lahat yata sa Davao nasa Cebu! haha! With John, Groover, Kenneth, Aissa, Pen and V
So we decided on Saturday, ikot ang Cebu ganaps! Go to crossroads strip — it is where Distillery, Maya resto and some other bars/clubs are! Walkathon lang rin ang Barcode and other gimikan! Hindi ko na knowsline lahat pero magkakatabi-tabi lang sila lahat. And take note when I was “mute” whole night! Nawalan ng boses kasi puyat from international flight then local flight from manila-davao-cebu. Ako na ang feeling FA. chos! Pero push pa rin ang party! Minsan lang toh! 2 years akong deprived. Give niyo na! haha
DAY III — STREET PARTY
With Besh Sam at the streets of Cebu. Juice po yan! Tang! hahaNakita pa namin toh si Jico! Grabe magisa lang sya pumarty! siya na! Met new friends… After nonstop walkathon, lafang and toilet break muna dugyot.com with Aissa Nasa bar po kami nito! wala lang time maligo and magbihis! care ko sa mga tao! push Threefie! Feeling GOPRO shot! LOL Bisaya United. CEBU-GENSAN-DAVAO Team Kaloka na tong event na toh! Kami lang po ang di naligo at pumarty sa club! haha Vlag ko nga toh sympre may Solo pic sa Mango Ave! ang bote ni bagets Pen! avail namin! haha
Day III was a Sunday so last day of the Cebu Party! The most awaited street party was BASELINE. Pero wit kami nakahabol doon kasi na stampede kami! Di kami nakapasok! Nakakaloka yun! Iba pala ma stuck sa stampede. Nakakatakot na parang mapapakanta na “tell me how is it to breathe with no air” ni Jordin Sparks! Pero keri na di nakaattend doon. Masaya naman kami. In between may lafang breaks and touch up breaks kunwari! haha! Met new people and feel ko i lost 10 lb sa kakalakad! Solves na ang experience. As what we have concluded..
#BUWISBUHAYPROJECT ang SINULOG but FUN!
DAY IV — Soul Searching Ganap!
Simala Church in Sibonga, Cebu City
Eto yung full view! Breathtaking! Each color represents something.. so alam niyo naman siguro ano ang mga hiling ko! haha Ayan di na brief na bawal short dress.. ayan buti may na avail na shawl! Ganda sa loob! kaso bawal na ang pics sa ibang parts ng church! V at Sto Nino Church in Cebu.
Eto na yung “ME TIME” ganap! siyempre after all the parties and mga happy ganaps.. It is always a priority to BE GRATEFUL, BE IN FULL GRATITUDE, TO SAY THANK YOU to God for all the blessings! Who would have thought I will be in Cebu and was able to start my travelog? Infair dati I only live by my means, walang ipon at walang sense of goals in life. But my life abroad made me a full grown woman! God indeed made me experience the hardships, difficulties and pains for a greater glory! I will always be thankful for everything and I am giving it back to Him. Kaya guys in everything we do and what we receive, it has a purpose. We may not see what it is for but in the long run it will be clear. Let us Thank God for our lives and for our ganaps.. good or bad man 🙂 push cart!
Well, dami pang ganap that Sinulog. Nagkulang ako sa pics kasi witchikels akong camera! nakikiavail lang ako sa mga camera ng friendships. Yung iba wala akong kopya! haha! Though there were no photos here or any sort of photographic souvenirs, push lang! Ang important thing is we are all well.. went home filled with wonderful memories! 🙂 So guess niyo san ang next kong ganap? To my next travelog post..